Prepaid Card Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to your Prepaid Card. You must read them carefully.
In these terms and conditions “you” means the named Prepaid Cardholder and any authorised user of the Prepaid Card. “We”, “us” or “our” means Mayzus Financial Services Ltd T/A MoneyPolo and “Website” means our website ATM www.moneypolo.com
Your Prepaid Card
- You can use the Prepaid Card at any location that displays the Visa acceptance mark, including shops, restaurants, online, or on the telephone. You can also use your Prepaid Card overseas. Before using the Prepaid Card you need to make sure there are enough funds loaded on it. You will not be able to use your Prepaid Card after its expiry date. However we will issue you with a new Prepaid Card prior to expiry.
- Your Prepaid Card is not a credit card and is not in any way connected to your bank account. You will not earn any interest on any funds loaded on your Prepaid Card.
- Where you have requested additional Prepaid Cards, you authorise us to issue such Cards and a PIN to the additional Prepaid Cardholders and you confirm that each additional Prepaid Cardholder is approved by you to authorise transactions on your behalf.
Applying for and activating your Prepaid Card
- To apply for our Prepaid Card you must be at least 18 years old and a MoneyPolo Payment Account Holder. We will require evidence of who you are and your address. We may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to prove this and/or we may carry out checks on you electronically.
- You must sign the signature strip on the back of the Prepaid Card as soon as it is received. You will also need to activate your Card before you will be able to use it. Details of the Card activation process are on Our Website. Please refer to Our Website for all Prepaid Card loading options, and refer to the “Loading your Prepaid Card” section below. By using the Prepaid Card you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Loading your Prepaid Card
- Your Prepaid Card is a Euro denominated Multi-Currency Card.
- Funds can be loaded to your Prepaid Card in a number of ways. Please follow the instructions at Our Website.
- The maximum initial load on your Prepaid Card is £2,500.
- Verified Customers can load up to £10,000.
- Your Prepaid Card cannot be loaded more than Five times in any one day.
- The balance on your Prepaid Card can never exceed £10,000 at any time. Unless prior approval has been given to increase this limit.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular loading transaction.
Using your Prepaid Card
- Detailed instructions on how to use your Prepaid Card are found on the Website. You will need to follow these instructions when using your Prepaid Card.
- We will deduct the value of your transactions from the balance on your Prepaid Card as soon as they are made. We will also deduct any applicable fees as soon as they become payable by you, see our Fees section below for details of our fees.
The Prepaid Card belongs to us. We may ask you to stop using your Prepaid Card and return it to us or destroy it. We may at anytime suspend, restrict or cancel your Prepaid Card or refuse to issue or replace a Prepaid Card because:
- we are concerned about security of your account or Prepaid Cards we have issued to you;
- we suspect your account is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
- or we need to do so to comply with the law.
- If we do this, we will tell you as soon as we can or are permitted to do so after we have taken these steps.
Like other payment cards, we cannot guarantee that a retailer will accept your Prepaid Card. We may also refuse to pay a transaction:
- if we are concerned about security of your Prepaid Card or we suspect your Prepaid Card is being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
- If sufficient funds are not loaded on your Prepaid Card at the time of a transaction to cover the amount of the transaction and any applicable fees;
- if there is an outstanding Shortfall on the Prepaid Card in accordance with condition 12;
- if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are acting in breach of this agreement;
- if we believe that a transaction is potentially suspicious or illegal (for example, if we believe that a transaction is being made fraudulently); or
- because of errors, failures (whether mechanical or otherwise) or refusals by merchants, payment processors or payment schemes processing transactions.
- If we refuse to authorise a transaction, we will, if practicable, tell you why immediately unless it would be unlawful for us to do so. You may correct any information we hold and which may have caused us to refuse a transaction by contacting us, using the Website.
- Subject to the features of the particular Prepaid Card, the authorisation of a transaction can include authorising any single transaction, a series or recurring transactions (including transactions for an indefinite period) or pre-authorising future transactions of a certain or uncertain amount.
A Prepaid Card transaction will be regarded as authorised by you where you;
authorise the transaction at the point of sale by following the instructions provided by the merchant or retailer to authorise the transaction, which may include:
- entering your PIN or providing any other security code;
- signing a sales voucher;
- providing the Prepaid Card details and/ or providing any other details as requested;
- insert a Prepaid Card and enter your PIN to request a cash withdrawal at an ATM;
- make a request for a cash advance at any bank counter;
- authorise the transaction at the point of sale by following the instructions provided by the merchant or retailer to authorise the transaction, which may include:
- Authorisation for a transaction may not be withdrawn (or revoked) by you after the time it is received.
A transaction (the payment order) will be received as follows:
- for purchases and ATM transactions, at the time we receive the transaction instruction from the merchant acquirer or ATM operator;
- for other transactions which are communicated directly to us, at the time you ask us to complete the transaction.
- It is your personal responsibility to ensure you do not spend more than the amount of the funds you load.
- When you carry out a transaction the company involved will take a ‘pre-authorisation’ to reserve the amount they intend to collect. Some companies will pre-authorise a higher or lesser amount than the cost of the transaction. The funds are usually collected from your account when the company has requested a settlement for the transaction following completion of the transaction.
- Pre-authorisation reserves the funds from your available balance for generally a maximum of 30 days. After this time if the monies have not already been collected by the merchant they will return to your available balance again.
- Although transactions are pre- authorised at the time an order is placed, for some purchases such as mail order, your account may not be debited until the goods are despatched, which may be longer than 30 days. Therefore you must make allowances for this in your spending to prevent your account falling into a debit balance. The same would apply to car hire companies who will take a pre-auth upon your collection of the hire vehicle but will only debit your account at the end of the hire period.
Cancellation and expiry of your Prepaid Card
- This agreement will continue indefinitely unless terminated. You have a legal right to cancel your Prepaid Card up to 14 days after you receive it without being charged the Refund Fee – this 14 day period is known as the “Cooling-Off Period”. Under these terms and conditions, you also have the right to cancel your Prepaid Card at any time after the 14 day Cooling-Off Period without notice and any funds remaining on your Prepaid Card will be returned to you within 5 days subject to satisfactory checks being completed.
We may cancel this agreement forthwith:
- if this agreement or your card expires on a set date and we have not agreed to renew it;
- if you break an important part of this agreement, or repeatedly break the agreement and fail to resolve the matter in a timely manner;
- if you act in a manner that is threatening or abusive to our staff, or any or our representatives;
- if you fail to pay fees or charges that you have incurred or fail to put right any Shortfall.
- We may also cancel this agreement or suspend your Card or account immediately if we believe your Prepaid Card is deliberately being used by you to commit fraud or for other illegal purposes. If we do this we will tell you as soon as we are permitted to do so.
- If we cancel your Prepaid Card you must tell us what you want us to do with any unused funds within 3 months of the date when we notify you of cancellation.
- If your Prepaid Card is cancelled, we will immediately block it and any additional cards so that they cannot be used.
- You will not be entitled to a refund of money you have already spent on transactions authorised, or pending or on any fees for the use of the Prepaid Card before it is cancelled or expires. You can cancel your Prepaid Card by sending an email to us using the “contact us” function on the Website, and confirming that you have destroyed your Prepaid Card and any additional Cards.
- If you cancel your Prepaid Card, once all transactions and fees have been deducted, we will arrange for any unused funds to be refunded to you, see “Your Right to a Refund” section below for further information. A Refund Fee may be charged in certain circumstances.
- Your Prepaid Card will be valid for three years. When it expires, unless we are told otherwise, we will issue you with a replacement prepaid card.
Keeping your Prepaid Card secure
- You should treat your Prepaid Card like cash. If it is lost or stolen, you may lose some or all of your money on your Prepaid Card, in the same way as if you lost cash. You must keep your Prepaid Card safe and not let anyone else use it. If you are issued with a PIN, you should memorise the PIN, then destroy the notification. You must keep your PIN secret at all times and not write it down or reveal it to anyone. You can change your at most ATMs by following the on screen instructions.
We recommend that you check the balance on your Prepaid Card regularly online at Our Website. We will provide you with your Prepaid Card balance and a statement of recent transactions on our secure webpage at any time. Your statement will show:
- information relating to each Prepaid Card transaction which will enable it to be identified;
- the amount of the Prepaid Card transaction shown in the currency in which the transaction was paid or debited to the account;
- the amount of charges for the transaction;
- the date the transaction is authorised or posted on to the account.
Lost and stolen Prepaid Cards and unauthorised or incorrectly executed payments
- You must tell us without undue delay by calling us on our 24 hour lost and stolen card helpline +44 203 397 0726
- if you know or suspect that a Prepaid Card or additional Card is lost or stolen or that the PIN or password is known to an unauthorised person or if you think a transaction has been incorrectly executed.
- Provided you notify us promptly and you have not acted fraudulently or with gross negligence we will refund the amount of any transactions which our investigations show are not authorised by you.
- However, if Our investigations show that any disputed transaction was authorised by you, or you have acted fraudulently or with gross negligence (for example by failing to keep your Prepaid Card or PIN secure), you may be liable any loss we suffer because of the use of the Prepaid Card.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or loss of revenue which in each case arises out of or in connection with: (i) this Agreement or (ii) any breach or non-performance of this Agreement, in each case no matter how fundamental (including by reason of Our negligence).
We shall not be liable to you for:
- any loss of goodwill, reputation or opportunity; or
- any loss of or corruption of data; or
- any loss of anticipated savings in each of the foregoing whether direct or indirect; or
- any indirect or consequential loss,
- which in each case arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or any breach or non-performance of this Agreement no matter how fundamental (including by reason of Our negligence).
- Our total liability arising under or in connection with this Agreement or any breach or non-performance of this Agreement no matter how fundamental in contract, tort or otherwise shall be limited to the sums received by Us in aggregate under this Agreement in the 12 months preceding the act or omission giving rise to the liability.
Your Right to a Refund
The Funds on your Prepaid Card
- You may request a refund of the funds on your Prepaid Card provided you have more than the balance of any Fees owed loaded on your Prepaid Card. To do so, send us an e-mail using the “contact us” facility on the Website requesting a refund and confirming that you have destroyed your Prepaid Card and any additional Cards. When we process your refund, we may charge a Refund Fee (as stated in the Fee Table, within the Website).
- We will arrange an electronic transfer to a bank account nominated by you. However, to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, we may ask you to provide us with certain information before we can process your refund request.
You may be entitled to claim a refund in relation to transactions where:
- the transactions was not authorised under this agreement;
- we are responsible for a transaction which was incorrectly executed and you have notified us in accordance with section 8 above;
- a pre-authorised transaction did not specify the exact amount at the time of its authorisation and the amount charged by a supplier is more than you or an additional Prepaid Cardholder could reasonably have expected taking into account normal spending patterns on the Prepaid Card or the circumstances of the transaction;
- A claim for a refund in the circumstances set out above will not be accepted if the amount of the transaction was made available to you at least 4 weeks before the transaction date or it is made more than 8 weeks after being debited to your account.
- You may be entitled to claim a refund in relation to transactions where:
- The Funds on your Prepaid Card
Changes to these Terms
- We may change these terms at any time by notifying you by e-mail or other agreed means at least 2 months before the change is due to take effect. The up-to-date version of the Prepaid Card terms and conditions will always be available on the Website. The change will automatically take effect and you will be taken to have accepted the notified change unless you tell us that you do not agree to the change. In that event, we will treat that notice as notification that you wish immediately to terminate. In such circumstances we will refund any balance on the card in accordance with section 10 above and you will not be charged a Refund Fee.
- We may make immediate changes to the exchange rate used to convert foreign transactions into Sterling. For all transactions made in a foreign currency you can find out what the applicable exchange rate was at the time of the transaction via the Website.
- We do not charge any fees to you for you checking your on-line balance and transactions. However when you use your Prepaid Card at an ATM, you may be subject to applicable fees, surcharge rules and regulations of the relevant ATM operator, or other financial institution or association.
- If we decide to increase or impose any new fees, we will tell you by e-mail, text, or post, at least two months before any changes take effect.
- Authorisation will be requested for all transactions at the time of each transaction. In the unlikely event, for any reason whatsoever, a transaction is completed when there are insufficient funds on the Prepaid Card for that transaction (a “Shortfall”), the Shortfall shall be reimbursed by you unless it is due to an error on the part of the retailer where the Prepaid Card was presented, in this circumstance we may seek the Shortfall from the retailer.
- You agree that once we make this Shortfall known to you, we may charge you for the Shortfall amount. We may charge the amount of the shortfall from any other Prepaid Cards that you hold with us, to any other payment method which you may designate at that time, or against any funds which you may subsequently load onto your Prepaid Card or on any additional Prepaid Card ordered by you. Until we are reimbursed the Shortfall amount, we may suspend your Prepaid Card and any additional Prepaid Cards connected to you. In addition, we reserve the right to charge you an Administration Fee for each transaction that you make using your Prepaid Card that results in a Shortfall or increases the Shortfall amount on your Prepaid Card.
- You must let us know as soon as possible if you change name, address, phone number or e-mail address. If we contact you in relation to your Prepaid Card, for example, to notify you that we have cancelled your Prepaid Card or to send you a refund by cheque, we will use the most recent contact details you have provided to us. Any e-mail to you will be treated as being received as soon as it is sent by us. We will not be liable to you if your contact details have changed and you have not told us.
- If we suspect that we have been given false or inaccurate information, we may record our suspicion together with any other relevant information. Personal data may also be transferred confidentially to other organisations involved in issuing or operating your Prepaid Card so that we can operate your Card correctly.
- We may obtain information about you to help us verify your identity for fraud prevention and/or money laundering. Scoring methods may be used in the verification process. A record of this process may be kept and used to help other companies to verify your identity. All personal information given by you may be checked with fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime prevention and may be used for the investigation of fraudulent activity and crime prevention to meet our obligations under the card scheme regulations, and if you have given false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud we will record this.
- We may monitor and/or record telephone calls we have with you or your additional Cardholders to help us maintain and improve the quality of our customer service or as required by applicable law.
- The Prepaid Card is managed by MoneyPolo who are committed to preserving your right of privacy, which includes giving you control of how we contact you. During the purchase process we allow you to choose your marketing preferences. You can change these settings at any time by clicking on “Your Details” on the Website. Please note, you must agree to receive card account related emails, confirmation messages and other important announcements from as part of the terms and conditions of this service.
Disputes with Retailers
- If you have any disputes about purchases made using your Prepaid Card, you should settle these with the person you bought the goods or services from. We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with your Prepaid Card. Remember that once you have used your Prepaid Card to make a purchase we cannot stop that transaction.
- If you have an enquiry relating to your Prepaid Card, you can use the “Contact Us” facility on the Website. We will deal with your enquiry promptly. If you do not wish to enquire in this way you can alternatively call our customer service telephone line on 0844 4148618. The customer services telephone line is a chargeable service. Calls will be charged at standard rates. Call costs from other networks may vary.
- The Prepaid Card programme is managed by MoneyPolo. If you are unhappy in any way with your Prepaid Card or the way it is managed, tell us by using the e-mail enquiry facility on the Website so we can investigate the circumstances for you. Any complaints you have will be dealt with quickly and fairly. You may be able to take unresolved complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR. Telephone: 0845 080 1800 and e-mail: email
- The Prepaid Card is an electronic money product and although it is a product regulated by the Financial Services Authority, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. No other compensation scheme exists to cover losses claimed in connection with the Prepaid Card. This means that in the unlikely event that Cashflows Europe Limited becomes insolvent your funds may become valueless and unusable and as a result you may lose your money.
- We may assign the benefit and burden of these terms and conditions to another company at any time, on giving you 2 month’s prior notice of this. If we do this, your rights will not be affected.
Transfer to a new Prepaid Card
- We may at our option transfer your unused balance to a new Prepaid Card provided by a Prepaid Card issuer other than Us at any time. Before we do this, we will give you 2 month’s notice of the new Prepaid Card arrangements and the new Prepaid Card terms and conditions. Unless you advise us within the 2 month period that you do not want a new Prepaid Card from the new Prepaid Card issuer, you agree that we can automatically transfer the unused balance on your Prepaid Card to a new Prepaid Card provided by the new Prepaid Card issuer.
- This Agreement is concluded in English. All communications with you will be in English. These terms and conditions will be construed in accordance with English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- As a responsible e-money issuer, Cashflows Europe Limited ensures that once it has received your funds they are deposited in a secure account, specifically for the purpose of redeeming transactions made by your Prepaid Card.
Prepaid Card Issuer
- Your Prepaid Card is issued by Cashflows Europe Limited whose principal office is at First Floor, CPC1, Capital Park, Cambridge CB21 5XE, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (registered number 900006) as an issuer of e-money. Your Prepaid Card is the property of Cashflows Europe Ltd and is not transferable to anyone else.